Many people love the heart behind the sand ceremony, but find it a little dated. If nothing else the styling of the sand ceremony doesn’t suit everyone’s personality or aesthetics.
So when Alicia showed me her idea I knew it would immediately appeal to so many others.
Alicia re-married her husband Andrew at the Lovelocked event at the Brisbane Powerhouse on January 12th, in front of 200 strangers. I’ll share some photos further down the blog post.
Introducing, a twist on the traditional sand ceremony, we’ll call it a …
Ingredients for a lasting marriage
- Besan Flour: a healthy foundation
- Sugar: for romance, joy & happiness
- Guar Gum: to stop us from crumbling
- Pinch of Salt: the salt of the earth to symbolise wisdom & friendship
- Walnuts: for laughter and humour (How do you make a Walnut laugh? You crack it up …)
- Baking soda: to help us rise above the tough times
- Cinnamon: adding spice of life to the marriage
- Egg: to bind us together through the tough times represent by the Amazonite
- Butter: represented by the rose quartz to enhance all forms of love including self-love, paternal love, unconditional love and romantic love
Ingredients may change for you, after all, the cake you’re baking is totally unique!
Stir together all the ingredients and bake in a warm & happy home for as long as we both shall live.
When the contents in this jar begin to spoil, it is a symbol to spend some time to refresh our marriage and refill the jar with new ingredients.