Every day in my job I’m lucky enough to work with some of the most talented camera owners to walk the earth. I was asked to name my favourite wedding photographer the other day and I felt sick trying to choose one. And that won’t be the subject of this blog post. Thankfully.
But I did want to introduce you to a photographer that I think you should meet: Heath Missen, you might of heard of his business: The Left Lane wedding photography. You might have seen a couple shoot we did with Heath recently.
Heath is married to a nerd like me, Alicia; plus he used to work for the same crew I used to work for, Fairfax Media, so we all get along like a house on fire. Plus they have a cute Schnauzer that’s worth following on Instagram.
On photography terms he ticks all the boxes that I like to see ticked on a wedding photographer:
- Nice guy
- Really easy to get along with
- Takes shit hot photos
- Knows how to direct people to look natural and relaxed
- Gives you a cool little robot when he delivers your wedding photos
- And he’s got his eyes set on the target, that is, capturing a really cool story into some photos he’s making
- Plus, Heath and Alicia shot their own wedding and Heath was barefoot which is totes amazeballs
- They hate it when I say totes amazeballs
Now it’s worth noting that I know plenty of really cool people who tick these same boxes and you can meet them in this here blog or on my friends page, but I’m posting this because you just probably haven’t heard of Heath because he and Alicia recently moved up from Melbourne where he used to shoot for a small newspaper you might have heard of, The Melbourne Age.
We also recently did some new picks for this here website, we did a bit of a walk around the Brisbane Powerhouse, New Farm Park, Lightspace and Spring Hill, so we thought we’d humbly share some picks below. Enjoy!