Heidi Thompson, host of one of my favourite business podcasts, the Evolve Your Wedding Business podcast, invited me onto her show to talk about, well talk about a lot of things, here’s her rundown that she composed:
- How Josh has set himself apart as a celebrant.
- Why Josh thinks we need to focus more on the marriage itself.
- The importance of creating wedding ceremonies that reflect the couple and aren’t just copying existing ceremonies.
- What wedding professionals can do to avoid being sexist.
- How to let your personality shine through in your business (and why that matters).
- Why you should stop referring to your couples as “brides”.
- How taking a stance can help couples figure out if they want to work with you.
- How pop culture feeds into the idea of a wedding being the day you dreamed of and why we need to highlight the fact that this isn’t just a performance & a party.
- What to do if you want to refocus the wedding day on the marriage itself.
- How we have built popupwed.co in addition to his officiant business.
- How pop up weddings impact other wedding professionals.
- The importance of knowing you aren’t for everyone and you can’t work with everyone.
If you’re in the wedding biz I hope I’ve got something that might help, or if I can’t, I recommend listening to the rest of Heidi’s podcast, there’s another 64 great episodes to digest 🙂
You can listen on the show page right here: evolveyourweddingbusiness.com/65
Or listen on your iPhone using the built-in app by clicking here: itunes.apple.com
And the feature image for this blog post was snapped by James Day on his trusty iPhone.