I’m lucky to talk weddings all day every day, here’s five ideas that I or my couples have thought of this week:
1. At the end of the ceremony, instead of saying “you may kiss your bride” your celebrant could say “you may now update your Facebook relationship status”, I don’t like the ceremony to be a stand-up routine, but a little smile goes a long way in your ceremony.
2. Create business cards (Google search for cheap business cards to find a good deal) that share your Instagram usernames and a wedding hashtag.
3. Some guests might benefit from a quick recap on the love story up until now.
4. Hold your post-ceremony soiree, your reception, at a place that suits your personality, budget, guest list and appetite.
5. Was there a person who brought you together, a friend that played match-maker? Perhaps they could take you throw your vows instead of your celebrant? It’s a way they can seal the deal and play a part in your ceremony.
Have you got some ideas? Comment below.