A highlight of my January was being involved in a new kind of wedding fair that had some of the trappings of old-school wedding fairs: wedding vendors like myself, but the difference was in what happened at the fair, it was a big fake wedding: Lovelocked.
You wouldn’t buy a car without taking it for a test drive, or mortgage a house without an inspection, or marry someone without going on a date, or a series of dates, or do life together for a few years.
So that’s the thing with Lovelocked: it’s a big fake wedding that you’re invited to. You get to see everyone in action. Stylists styling, photographers photographing, florists flowering, celebrant celebrating, a venue hosting, musicians making music, and caterers catering.
There’s also other Lovelocked’s coming to Perth, Adelaide, and Hobart in the next 12 months!
The highlights of the previous event are well documented online, check out the articles below:
- The wedding baking ceremony! Brisbane Wedding Weekly and Offbeat Bride
- Alicia and Andrew’s couple shoot on Brisbane Wedding Weekly
- Polkadot Bride’s coverage of the event
- Andrew and Alicia’s wedding photo shoot
- Photos from the event in the Brisbane Wedding Weekly magazine
- Hope and Lace’s photos from the day
- ROOST Film Co’s video of the ceremony
You can also meet all of the vendors coming to Lovelocked on the Lovelocked Brisbane Wedding Directory: brisbanewedding.directory