You don’t have to memorise your vows, so don’t.
Don’t memorise your vows 🙂
Related notes on the subject:
- No-one is expecting you to remember your vows
- Less than 1% of the grooms and brides married in Australia last year memorised their own vows
- We have the technology (paper/print/tablets/phones) to read vows at your wedding
- Your celebrant can have the vows and either pass them to you, or ask you to repeat after them, whatever makes you feel the best
- You’re allowed to “wing it” with most of your vows, there’s just a few bits that need to be exact – more info
- Seriously, you don’t have to memorise your vows and unless you have superpowers then don’t do it
- If you do however have superpowers it’d be really cool to meet up, please email me
- Here’s a pretty cool guide I wrote on how to write your own vows that rock, it’s the best guide ever apparently!